Monday 12 November 2012

My New Stripy DIY



Here is my new DIY knotted plant holder...





and here is how I did it...



Yesterday afternoon I was feeling the urge to get crafty, and had a look at what was on hand at home. I have this fabulous black and white striped knit fabric strips and thought to myself, lets have a go at a wee little plant holder...

To begin I cut 8 equal lengths of fabric.

With all 8 pieces lined up tie a large knot from all lengths about 8 cm from the end.




Then separate the 8 pieces into 4 bundles of 2 lengths.
Leave a length of around 2cm then tie a knot in each bundle.





                                    


Once that is complete you will have the 4 squares as seen below, when you pull the joined four pieces out.






Twist the remaining length of each one, and tie another knot at the end of each bundle to secure.







To finish tie all lengths together in a large secure knot...

Finish with a special little bowl or pot and add a splash of green to it. 
These airplants are perfect as they don't require soil and only need a spray of water once a week.







enjoy the end result...

So off you go and get making, I would love to see the results.

ollie+ruby
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment