Sunday 2 December 2012

I Know I`m Late...

Yes I`m a few days too late in posting this but I had so much fun doing it I felt I had to share it with you all...

Late last week with December fast approaching I decided upon what I think is a fabulous fun christmas craft to do and which you can do to.....its not too late!

My Tree Advent Calendar

I had bought a packet of these gorgeous round chinese new year papers from my local oriental supermarket last year and had the intention of using them then. But low and behold they stayed in the drawer....and everytime I looked at them they kept egging me on to be used....





So............




Super simple...grab each individual sheet of paper and fold into a cone shape. The easiest way I found was to keep the bottom tight and let the top flare out. Finish with a tiny bit of sticky tape along the join.




and magnifique....you have your first gorgeous cone shape.
Continue until you have the 24 required for the countdown to christmas, or if you are just starting it now do as many as you need.







Once you have them all in a pile, make sure you take a gorgeous pic because they are soo photogenic, and then attach a piece of string to each one with sticky tape and tie to your twig tree.







So there you go...
Fill with santa chocs or whatever you do as christmas is approaching. The kids will love it just as much as you will. 
And enjoy a bit of home and handmade christmas craft.

ollie+ruby
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment